Innovation Awards 2019
Could your product be the Innovation of the Year for
Home – Garden – Build – DIY?
- All trade show research reports that sourcing new products is the number one reason for visiting.
- Get your product/service viewed by our expert panel of industrial buyers.
- Use our unique “Innovation Flag” on your stand to highlight your product/service.
- Raise your profile and reputation within the industry
- Commended and Highly Commended Winners will be presented with a framed certificate.
- The Overall Winner and each category winner will receive a prize of a framed certificate and a promoted package in The Hardware Journal.
- Category winners will be invited to the President’s Ball on the evening of Sunday 17th February – limited to one ticket only per winner.
Our Innovation Awards are the perfect opportunity for you to step out from the rest and showcase your innovative products or services.
The panel of professional merchant buyers (see list below) will convene in advance of the Show in February 2019 to judge the four categories: Home, Garden, Build, DIY, with awards for Commended, Highly Commended, and Winner. We have also launched two new categories – Best Supplier Customer Experience and Best New Irish Product. Every exhibitor is invited to compete in the category of their choice and may enter as many products/services and categories as they choose.
Category winners and the overall winner will be announced at The President’s Ball on Sunday the 17th of February.
Those shortlisted will be invited to take part in a “Dragons Den” experience presenting their product/service to the expert judging panel on Saturday 16th February with the winners in each category revealed at the black-tie President’s Ball. Please note the judges’ decision is final in all matters relating to this competition.
How to Enter?
Many of the award winning innovations unveiled at The Hardware Show have been big successes for their creators…yours could be next!
- Deadline for entry: 21st December
- Product or service must be new to the market since the last Hardware Show in 2017.
- Several products/services can be entered, even in the same category, but a separate Entry Form must be used for each product/service.
- Only the official Entry Form shall be accepted.
Chairperson – Hugh Wallace MRIAI FIDI
The Hardware Show 2019 is delighted to present Hugh Wallace as the Chairman of the Innovation Award judges.
A well-respected award-winning architect and founding partner of Douglas Wallace Consultants some 39 years ago, Hugh has a passion for creative design that engages with its audience to create conversation and comment. He believes that good architecture is essential to create social cohesion and enhance our enjoyment of our landscape and living environment whether in the city or country side. “It’s about creating a smile on our faces – creating a sense of place and belonging.”
Hugh’s excitement at being involved as a judge in Home of the Year is palpable as he opens the door to the most extraordinary homes in Ireland and seeing the creativity that abounds. He is also the presenter of Great House Revival, his other passion, the restoration of our architectural heritage from the humble farm buildings to the great houses of Ireland.
“I was yet again blown away by the fantastic and fabulous homes in both Great House Revival and Home of the Year this year it just gets better and better – well done Ireland. ”
Dennis O’Connor, CEO, HPC Group
Gareth Whelan, Group Purchasing Manager, McMahons Builders Providers
Liam Phelan, Manager, Grange Builders Providers, Dublin
Tom Finn, Commercial Head, Topline